Sunday, March 29, 2015

upcycled ceramic bowl and canvas

Hello crafters.
 a very happy day for me as a crafter. I was able to do two projects which according to me and my family came out very pretty.

As a member of deco art blogger outreach program I got crackel medium and a stencil from deco art.

Here is my first project using them.
While making this  i had inspiration image from creativeembellishments in back of my mind. although I  have not used any of the chip board from creativeembellishments , i would still just link it to their blog as a thanks for the image.

march1

I have used a broke ceramic bowl and used canvas.

 


  1. Applied a thick layer of gesso on the broken bowl.
  2. once dried applie a layer of crackle medium, and let it dry for 2 to 3 hrs.
  3. then applied very thin layer of paint , so that it enters the cracks, and then wipe of the extra.
  4. filled the bowl with very light mesh and then stuck it to the prepared canvas
  5. then loosely filled it with dried moss
  6. added flowers, vines , butterflies . 
Preparing the canvas
  1. Coloured it with brown acrylic paint, then lightly applied black strokes.
  2. added some texture using modelling paste and stencil
  3. dry brushed metallic copper paint.
  4. added printed paper on the inside , stamped it for some dimension .
supplies
Decoart crackle medium
decoart stencil
decoart copper paint

 With this I am entering in mixedmediaworld anything goes challenge.

Hope you will like it. thanks for visiting. 


5 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks really fabulous!
I like that you used the back of the canvas as your frame and built it all out from there!

massofhair said...

Beautiful project, wonderful idea to use a broken bowl and create such a gorgeous vintage piece.

Thank you for joining in with our challenge, hope to see you on the next one.

Mo:-)
DT MMW

Rhonda said...

You are such an artist!! Love your creations. :o)

Unknown said...

Awesome project! I love it! Super creative and fun. I especially love how dimensional and tactile it is! LOVE how the Creative Embellishments March Challenge inspired you to create your piece and thank you for sharing it, even though it does not qualify for our challenge! <3

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

I am in love! Stunning project!! I love every last detail. Super creative and so much yummy to look at.Thanks so much for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments this month.